Recipe by TDP
I made up this recipe because my dad, husband and I are on the southbeach diet. It is very versitile, it can be meat lovers, veggie lovers or a little of both. It can also be refrigerated and reheated throughout the week. Some times I melt an extra cheese slice on top.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 green onions
- 6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, browned
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheese, your choice
- i use hot pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet. Remove and drain.
- In same skillet saute vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in veggies, meat and cheese.
- Bake at 375F in a 9x13 baking dish for 45 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Substitute: Ham for sausage and broccoli or aspargus for spinach. Egg substitute for eggs.