1/1 Photo of Egg and Tomato Salad Sandwiches (Pita Bread)
Love egg salad and this one is from The Family Kitchen Healthy Fast-Food cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs (hard boiled)
- 85 g low-fat mayonnaise or 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml English mustard
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 2 tomatoes (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper deseeded and chopped)
- 1 potato (cooked and chopped)
- 2 spring onions (green chopped)
- 4 whole wheat pita bread (wholemeal)
- 1Peel the eggs and cut in half and remove the yolks and chop the whites and set aside.
- 2Push the egg yolk through a fine mesh sieve and then mix to a smooth paste together with the mayonnaise mustard, vinegar and sour cream and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Mix the dressing with the tomatoes, capsicum (bell pepper), potato, egg white and spring green onions.
- 4Carefully split the pitas in half to form pockets and fill the pockets with the salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Tomato Salad Sandwiches (Pita Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.1 mg
- Sodium 425.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar