Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Top Review by JeannaLW
This was much too sweet for us. I used a 15oz can of mandarin oranges, mostly drained, Real Lemon bottled juice, and Cool Whip. I also used quite a bit more than 6 wafers. Though the oranges were partially drained, this was very runny and thin-textured. Next time, I'll use the smaller can of oranges undrained as per directions, but I will reduce the lemon juice and only use about 5oz sweetened condensed milk, making up the volume with whipped cream or maybe even sour cream. I will probably make this again with these modifications.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice
- 6 vanilla wafers
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, blend the first 3 ingredients by hand.
- In a buttered 8 inch square oven-prrof glass dish, place a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Cover the wafers with the orange mixture.
- Add a second layer of vanilla wafers.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle crushed vanilla wafer crumbs over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.