Recipe by Melissa Denholm
It is cheap and easy to make. You can incorporate any vegetables that are either in season or that you and your family like. For larger servings use a roasting pan with lid.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 kg sausage
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in a large casserole dish in this order: Peeled and thinly sliced potatoes, sliced carrots, sliced onions, peas and rice.
- Arrange one layer (only) of sausages on top and if desirable sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine soup and water and pour over the sausages.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for further 10 minutes.