Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It is cheap and easy to make. You can incorporate any vegetables that are either in season or that you and your family like. For larger servings use a roasting pan with lid.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 kg sausage
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- Place in a large casserole dish in this order: Peeled and thinly sliced potatoes, sliced carrots, sliced onions, peas and rice.
- Arrange one layer (only) of sausages on top and if desirable sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine soup and water and pour over the sausages.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for further 10 minutes.