Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
really good enchiladas and really super easy to make. Learned this recipe from my deli manager when I worked at a gas station during high school. It was a weekly favorite to all of our customers. Also my hubby and 2 yr old LOVE it so I have to make it rather often.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 anaheim chili
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package flour tortillas (burrito sized)
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- cook chicken until done. seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- cut the Anaheim chili into small chunks(*note you can use more then one if you like lots of spice).
- mix the chicken, chili pieces, and cheese in a large bowl until well blended.(*you can use a Mexican mix cheese if you prefer.).
- pour enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to cover it.
- grab a tortilla and dip one side into sauce on bottom of pan then flip it over.
- grab a handful of the chicken and cheese mixture and spread out in a thin row toward the top side of the tortilla then roll.
- repeat the above step until pan is full.(no need to leave space between them).
- any extra cheese and chicken mixture can be poured on top of the rolled enchiladas.
- pour remaining enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas.
- cover and bake at 350 for 30 min or until all the cheese is melted.
i thought this dish was nasty. the flour tortillas just tasted like mush. gross and slimy.
Excellent recipe,have done mine this way for years.The only recipe anyone needs really,works well with any meat.Thanks for posting.