Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from california walnuts home page. Very healthy
Make and share this Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml california walnut pieces
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. regular salt)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g dry fettuccine
- 354.88 ml frozen baby peas
- 177.44 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 28.34 g prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Place walnuts and water in food processor. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Combine pasta, peas, Parmesan and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Top each serving with a few strips of proscuitto.