Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from california walnuts home page. Very healthy
Make and share this Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml california walnut pieces
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. regular salt)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g dry fettuccine
- 354.88 ml frozen baby peas
- 177.44 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 28.34 g prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Place walnuts and water in food processor. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Combine pasta, peas, Parmesan and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Top each serving with a few strips of proscuitto.