Recipe by Derf
So easy and tasty. Throw the turkey chili all together the night before, turn it on in the morning and come home to a wonderful aroma. Serve with toast and a crisp green salad.
Top Review by Gina Farina
I am rating this a 5-star because it is fast, easy, healthy and economical. Honestly I thought it was a little bland but It makes a good base recipe, though, so I added some minced garlic, cayenne, hot sauce, worcester, green pepper and served it with lots of topping choices like avocado, cilantro, black olives, cheddar cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime, crushed tostito chips and sour cream. Problem solved, everyone gave it a big thumbs up. Next time I will sub cannellini beans for the chick peas (just a personal preference of texture). Anyway, it's a keeper and thanks for posting it!
- 1 lb ground turkey (you can sub ground chicken)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped chilies, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder, to taste