Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
I have adapted this recipe from many I have tried. There is a little of each in them. Mainly it was to make it easy on me :)! All I serve this too love it and think it took me all day to cook.....if they only knew!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken pieces, your choice
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (like Rotel)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
- After boiling for about 20-30 minutes you can take the chicken out and delicately shred. It will be hot so please watch your fingers, or use two forks. Leave chunky or shred it is up to you.
- Return chicken to the pot and simmer for an additional 45 min to an hour.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and some more crushed tortilla chips and enjoy!