Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is good any time of year. its a great side dish in the summer when you are barbequeing chicken or steaks. it is best when you use fresh parmesean
- 4 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- parmesan cheese
- cooked pasta (of choice)
- prepare the pasta as the package instructs for 4 servings.
- while the pasta cooks, combine the remaining ingredients and let stand at room temperature until the pasta is cooked.
- drain the pasta and immediately add the vinagrette.
- toss and sprinkle with parmesean cheese.
- you can also use fresh ground pepper to taste.
Great! I used a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs. I didn't have lemon juice, so I substituted lime juice (bottled). I skipped the green onion, but threw in a few dashes of onion powder. I used 2 tbs minced garlic. I traded in the parmesan cheese for pecorino romano. I also added 6 oz fresh, steamed baby spinach. I didn't - but I suggest you do - snip of the stems :-) For pasta, I used whole wheat blend linguine (Ronzoni - low fat, sodium free, cholesterol free food). Oh, and for italian seasoning, I used oregano and basil. Hubby, baby and I loved it!