Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy, easy, easy, this takes minutes to make and oh soooooo good! The complete recipe may be doubled, adjust all ingredients to taste.
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat oil oil.
- Add in garlic and chipotle pepper powder; cook for 1 minute.
- Add in shrimp, butter and tequila to skillet; cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Stir in lime juice and cilanto.
This was amazing, I wowwed everyone with this recipe. I also substituted Frank's Red Hot for the chipolte and doubled many of the ingredients (not the butter), which made a nice broth for dipping. Also, I saved some spare lime juice which made for some complimentary tequila poppers! Highly recommended.
The only substitution I made was Red Hot sauce (which I had in the house) instead of the chipotle powder. This turned out great. It had just the right amount of citrus & spice to enhance the shrimp. My husband & my 3 kids loved it. I will definitely make it again.
A new regular on our seafood rotation! I doubled the cilantro, because we are crazy about it, & substituted a dash of Tobasco for the chipotle powder. The flavors were bright, & the few leftovers were delicious chilled! Yum.