Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I love Chinese food and I've been searching for a good sweet and sour sauce recipe for years. This is the best I've ever had. I served it with wontons and eggrolls. It is also great drizzled over Chinese chicken salad. I got it from Fine Cooking magazine.
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- In a small, dry saucepan, toast the chili flakes over high heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar, and rice vinegar; cook over medium-low heat until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let cool.