Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try it and see - lovely!
Make and share this Easy Summer Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 750 g mixed soft fruit (raspberries, red currants, black currants or blackberries)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 -150 g day-old white bread, cut into slices
- Put soft fruits into a pan with the sugar and cook gently for 5 minutes to soften.
- Line the base and sides of a large pudding basin (900ml) with the bread making sure there are no gaps and reserving 2 slices for the top.
- Put the fruit and all but 2 tablespoons of the juice into the basin and cover with the remaining bread.
- Put a plate on top of the basin and weigh down with weights or a heavy jar.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
- To unmould hold a serving plate inverted over the top and turn the pudding over.
- Use the reserved juice to pour over any parts of the bread that did not colour.
- Serve with cream/crème fraiche.
Easy to follow, wonderful flavor. Will keep it on my summertime menus.