Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Amazingly single, really easy and totally delicious. Perfect for using all the fruits of summer. Another winner from my friend Judy Montagu's cooking column in our local paper. It's dairy-free!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plums (etc.) or 2 cups peaches (etc.) or 2 cups nectarines (etc.) or 2 cups apples, cut up (etc.)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs with the oil, add the sugar and the orange juice, followed by the fruit and the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Keep refrigerated and use within two days- if it lasts that long.
What a wonderful recipe. I used some bananas that were about to be past their prime and raspberries. Looking forward to making it with different varieties of fruit.
A great recipe to make. Very quick and easy to prepare. I made it with tinned dark plums and peachers (drained of juice). Just delicious, just as Mirj stated. The smell while the cake was cooking reminded me of fruit danish. Yum. I served it with dollops of clotted cream. Thank you Mirj, it's a beauty of a recipe.
Delicious and very easy to make! I made it with nectarines and blueberries. Will definitely be making it again!