Recipe by Mirj
Amazingly single, really easy and totally delicious. Perfect for using all the fruits of summer. Another winner from my friend Judy Montagu's cooking column in our local paper. It's dairy-free!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plums (etc.) or 2 cups peaches (etc.) or 2 cups nectarines (etc.) or 2 cups apples, cut up (etc.)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs with the oil, add the sugar and the orange juice, followed by the fruit and the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Keep refrigerated and use within two days- if it lasts that long.