Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from The South Beach Diet Taste of Summer cookbook.
Make and share this Easy Summer Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chili powder and cumin; stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, til vegetables have begun to soften, 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, beans and tomatoes and their juices; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken. Return to simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Add salt or pepper if needed. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Made this today for our lunch. I cut the recipe in half and used some rotel up for the diced tomatoes but otherwise followed the directions....delicious!! With the rotel and evidently a very hot jalapeno we had a spicey dish but DH and I loved it. Definately a keeper and one I will make again on a cool day. Oh yes, I used precooked chicken that I had. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012.