Recipe by TAHURLEY
No roll! came from a local christmas cookie contest in 1995 i make year around in handling the dough... it gets a little sticky... i add a little more flour as for the amount of salt... i use 1/2 tsp... the butter seems to have enough i remove from oven when the edges start to brown
Top Review by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
The description is a little hard to interpret but....perfect, if you don't want to use a cutter. I made little balls and pressed them with my hand. Then my preschooler put m&m's on them and baked for 15-20 min. Yummy!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the two sugars, butter, and oil untill well blended.
- add eggs and flavorings, beat till blended.
- sift the dry ingredients and add gradually untill well combined.
- by hand, roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- grease the bottom of a glass, dip into sugar or colored sugar, press cookies out.
- bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- cool on racks.