Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can always tell when the crisp days of Fall are here. That's when the soup recipes start getting some use. This is one of my favorites.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 1⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups half-and-half or 4 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup chives, chopped
- Saute' onions in butter.
- Add soup,half and half,salt and pepper and thawed potatoes.
- Stir in cheese and heat gently.
- Garnish as desired and serve.