Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy to prepare and uses ingredients we always have on hand. Great for quick fix on those cold nights!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, soup, vegetables, chicken and seasonings; simmer over medium heat until heated through.
This was very good. I did not use the chicken broth and used plain tomatoes. For the vegs I used a can of peas and carrots and a can of fiesta corn. I did not drain the tomatoes and corn did drain the peas that was enough liquid without the broth.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. Pretty good soup and also very easy. We enjoyed the unique combination of flavors. My favorite part of eating the soup was the slight sweet taste you got when biting into a piece of corn. A nice contrast to the spicy tomatoes. Due to allergies that I have, cream soups are out so I used recipe #54128 in place of the cream of chicken soup. Thanks for posting this Sara!