1/1 Photo of Easy Shaked-Up Macaroni and Cheese
If you are not a garlic-lover then you may omit, I like to add in a pinch or so of cayenne pepper also, for best flavor use a sharp cheddar cheese for this such as Kraft Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese and for a main meal add in 2 cups chopped cooked ham or cooked chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (or use 1 cup each) or 2 cups milk (or use 1 cup each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (10 ounce) blocks sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Cook the macaroni in boiling water until al dente (do not cook until very soft) drain, then place into a bowl.
- 4Place the milk, flour, onion salt and garlic powder in a 1-quart jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously for 1 minute; pour the mixture over the macaroni and add in 3-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; mix thoroughly to combine, then spread into the baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with breadcrumbs then remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 6Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine over the top.
- 7Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shaked-Up Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 545.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g