You might want to double up on the sauce ingredients and increase the pasta amount slightly. This sauce is better if prepared a day or even two days in advance and refrigerated, to allow the flavors to blend, but allow to sit until room temperature before using. This makes a great side dish!
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (use angel hair spaghetti or use spaghettini pasta)
- chopped salted roasted cashews
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste I use about 3-4 teaspoons for extreme heat!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1⁄3 cup water
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, blend the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before mixing with the sauce and serving, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until JUST firm-tender (do not overcook the pasta) drain and rinse well under cold water; drain well again.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the prepared sauce (if the sauce was chilled then warm before mixing with the pasta).
- Sprinkle with chopped cashews and serve.