Prep 10 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and yummy, yummy, yummy!
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- powdered sugar
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Cut the thawed dough into 12 pieces. Place each piece in a greased muffin tin. Brush tops with melted butter and let rise in warm place until dough rises 1/2 inch above the muffin tins (2 to 2 1/2 hours).
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar, water and rum, in a small saucepan; place over medium heat and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove rolls from pan onto a wire rack; prick tops of rolls with a fork and spoon rum syrup over the hot rolls to coat. Sift powdered sugar over each roll and top with a cherry, if desired.