Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This hummus can be made 1 day ahead. Keep it refrigerated, and bring to room temperature before serving. Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds and can be found in many grocery stores."
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- In an electric food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add roasted peppers and basil; process until the peppers are finely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer hummus to small bowl, cover and chill until you are ready to serve.
This is great!! I saw it on another recipe site, then saw it here on Zaar! We really enjoyed it, and I've never had luck with making my own hummus. I'm SO counting in my head how much money we'll save making our own from now on. (fwiw, I was out of tahini, so I used 1/3 cup ground sesame seeds and 1/4 tsp dark sesame oil and 1/2 tsp olive oil instead. I'm sure it will be even better with prepared tahini.) Thanks for posting!