Red Pepper Hummus
Posted in response to a request for this recipe from the April '05 issue of Southern Living magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig
- Blend first 9 ingredients and add 1/3 c lime juice in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; add additional lime juice, if necessary, until desired consistency.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation