This is the most bizarre recipe but it works! basically the heavy ingredients sink and forms a kind of pasty crust. it's not a perfect crust but my god it tastes good. no rolling out the crust before hand and then putting the ingredients on top. this is a one bowl recipe (if you don't want to pre-cook any of the veggie) and i whipped this up in ten minutes. This makes excellent party food! the vegetables that you can use is endless. carrots, sweetcorn, peas, salmon, brocolli....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 165°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- 2Fry for 5 minutes any of the vegetables that you use if you don't want crunchy bits in your quiche. I don't bother with this as i like to have a bit of a crunch in my quiche.
- 3Mix the milk, flour and eggs together in a large bowl, whisk/beat until smooth.
- 4Add all the other ingredients into the mix.
- 5Grease a flan dish with oil or butter (or a spray oil if you use those) – and pour the mixture into a flan dish, or any other dish that will hold the mix (or even split it into more dishes, just use what you have).
- 6Bake in a pre-heated oven at 165°C (325°F/Gas Mark 3/moderate oven) for 45 minutes, or until browned on top. If you’re using a fan oven, then cook this at 140°C.
- 7Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Quiche - Self Made Crust
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: