Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the most bizarre recipe but it works! basically the heavy ingredients sink and forms a kind of pasty crust. it's not a perfect crust but my god it tastes good. no rolling out the crust before hand and then putting the ingredients on top. this is a one bowl recipe (if you don't want to pre-cook any of the veggie) and i whipped this up in ten minutes. This makes excellent party food! the vegetables that you can use is endless. carrots, sweetcorn, peas, salmon, brocolli....
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup bacon or 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 165°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Fry for 5 minutes any of the vegetables that you use if you don't want crunchy bits in your quiche. I don't bother with this as i like to have a bit of a crunch in my quiche.
- Mix the milk, flour and eggs together in a large bowl, whisk/beat until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients into the mix.
- Grease a flan dish with oil or butter (or a spray oil if you use those) – and pour the mixture into a flan dish, or any other dish that will hold the mix (or even split it into more dishes, just use what you have).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 165°C (325°F/Gas Mark 3/moderate oven) for 45 minutes, or until browned on top. If you’re using a fan oven, then cook this at 140°C.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Awesome! I used gluten free flour (buckwheat flour and cornstarch plus 1/8 tsp. xanthan gum and 1/4 tsp. baking powder), soy milk and manchego cheese (sheep's milk cheese, good sub for cheddar), turkey bacon and for the veggies yellow bell pepper and zucchini. It turned out perfectly after 15 minutes in my convection oven at 140°C, and it tasted heavenly! Thanks for sharing!!<br/>Made for PAC spring 2014