Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
salmon is brain food - and kids like this recipe! The vinegar and lemon give the fish a very nice, slight flavor
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 cups water, approximately
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or dried)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cooked asian sticky rice
- Place salmon steaks in a large skillet with water, salt and vinegar [the water should come 1/2 up the side of the salmon].
- Turn on heat and keep just under a boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn steaks and cook, simmering, for another 10 minutes.
- Remove steaks and take off skin and remove bones on the inside.
- Add dill, chopped scallions, lemon juice and peanut oil to water.
- Cook on medium heat until reduced to a sauce - 5-10 minutes.
- Place salmon steak on plate.
- Mold cooked rice in a 1/2 cup measuring cup and unmold on plate.
- Top rice with spinach.
- Pour sauce over spinach.
- And serve.