Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian grocery, but I'm sure regular will work. Note: I edited this recipe by making more exact ingredient amounts, sorry about the previous vagueness, I posted this recipe back when I was just 10 or 11. :)
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder) or dried herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder)
- olive oil (optional)
- Brush on a little olive oil on the pita.
- Spread sauce on top of the pita.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary).
- Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!
Had this for lunch today- loved it! I think this is my new way of making pizza at home. So easy- and I love that the crust is so thin and crispy! I used ground beef as my topping, but will definitely try with many different toppings in the future. Thanks for a great keeper recipe.
I've been making pizza this way for years. They are great and simple. I love ham, pineapple with BBQ sauce version topped with chesse and my family loves bacon cheese burger pizza using ketchup and mustard like the fast food chains for the sauce.
This was so easy! The two tablespoons of sauce was the perfect amount, but I eyeballed the cheese. I will be making this again for sure!