Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
My hairdresser gave me this recipe, and now I make it at work! Quick, easy and a crowd pleaser! As long as the pineapple and cherry are about equal in amounts, it will work.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Pour pineapple chunks and cherry pie filling into the bottom of a 9x11 pan. you can mix them, or leave as they are.
- sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top.
- cut butter into pats and place on top of the cake mix, spacing them kinda evenly.
- bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. it may take a little longer. (our oven is very old and varies from day to day!).
- serve with ice cream or whipped cream!