Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
A Classic Italian Cookie
- 1 (7 ounce) box almond paste, grated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large size egg whites, no larger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine grated almond paste, granulated and powdered sugars in bowl. Beat on low with electric mixer until texture of small crumbs.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Add pine nuts to a shallow bowl. Drop batter one teaspoon at a time into nuts. With slightly dampened fingertips, quickly lift and flip batter "no-nuts" side down onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until light golden. Gently slide parchment paper off pans onto wire racks. When cookes are completely cooled, remove from parchment. Store cookies in airtight containers between wax paper.
I absolutely LOVE pignoli cookies. Thank you for sharing and I will make some this weekend. GREAT!! Lolly