Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and very good! I found it somewhere else on the internet.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare penne in boiling, salted water as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9 x 13 casserole.
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano and cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine penne, sauce and 1 cup mozzarella; mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
It turned out a little dry for me.... not nearly enough sauce for the amt. of pasta. I threw some home-made frozen meat-balls on top, poured some spaghetti sauce over that, then baked it, and it was much better. Will make it again this way.