Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually only make "fresh from scratch" cookies, but these are so easy to do in half the time and actually quite good.
- 1 box white cake mix or 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sugar.
- Mix Well.
- Add in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Mix Well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or til lightly browned.
I printed this recipe and set it aside. Today I came across it and decided to try it,however I didn't have most of the stuff so I used what I had. Devil's Food Cake Mix 1 cup chopped walnuts almost a cup of peanut butter chips Everything else as recipe shows. These were the best chocolate cookies ever!
Was looking for a good pecan cookie recipe.... This wasn't it. 2 stars for being easy, but rather on the bland side, kids wouldn't even take a second one. Will keep on looking.
I have made this recipe for some time using white cake mix and without the extra tablespoon of sugar. They are a perfect cookie with an almost shortbread type base. I have used semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips, and the pecans are an excellent addition. This is a favorite in our house.