1 hr 15 mins
Definite comfort food. Tastes great and looks amazing! Can be frozen ahead of time before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups roasted chicken meat (use pre-roasted rotisserie chicken from the grocery, remove skin and bone and chop or shred)
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (cubed hash browns, not shredded)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- ready-made pie crust (unbaked)
- 1Blend first 10 ingredients together in large bowl. Once blended, spoon into 7 x 11" casserole dish, or an 8x8" square casserole dish, mounding up mixture in the middle of the casserole.
- 2Drape pie crust over casserole dish and crimp edges to seal.
- 3If baking immediately: preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush crust with beaten egg. Place place of aluminum foil loosely over crust to prevent over-browning. Place on cookie sheet and bake 40-45 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- 4If freezing: place unbaked pot pie on cookie sheet, uncovered. Freeze overnight. Wrap securely in plastic freezer wrap or in a freezer-safe container and store in freezer. To bake, do not thaw. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush crust with beaten egg. Cover crust loosely with piece of aluminum foil. Place on cookie sheet in oven and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until browned and bubbly. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Sodium 1159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 51.6 g