Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a fast and easy recipe I usually make for a brunch or a weekend breakfast treat. It tastes great, couldn't be quicker to make, and is a good way to take a boxed muffin mix and "kick it up a notch."
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) cansliced yellow cling peaches in juice
- 1 (19 1/8 ounce) package Duncan Hines cinnamon swirl muffin mix
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add water to reserved juice to equal 3/4 cup liquid. Chop peaches.
- Combine muffin mix, egg and 3/4 cup peach liquid in medium bowl; fold in peaches. Pour batter into pan. Knead swirl packet 10 seconds before opening. Squeeze contents on top of batter and swirl with knife. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes for 8-in square pan (or 20-25 minutes for 9-inch round pan), or until coffee cake is golden. Serve warm.