Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy recipe that is delicious served warm or cold, I have made it many times and it always turns out great, use only whipping cream for this--haven't tried as yet but I think this would work well using apples in place of peaches and increase the cinnamon amount, you might want to give that a try--see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
- 6 large ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (use 3/4 cup for a sweeter pie)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Set the pie pastry into the pie plate and flute edges as desired.
- Arrange the sliced peaches into pastry shell.
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar with flour, salt and cinnamon; mix/whisk until no sugar granules remain (add in more sugar to taste if desired).
- Stir in the whipping cream and vanilla.
- Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.