Recipe by **Jubes**
Super easy slice to prepare...no electric mixer required. Found in an old magazine at work. This slice works equally well using regular wheat flour or ga blended gluten-free flour mix. My photos are showing the gluten-free version- use gf flour and the slice is gluten-free suitable. This recipe uses a standard size tin of condensed milk and passionfruit pulp in syrup, so there is no wastage
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Devilishly delicious. I also spotted this in a magazine in the doctor's waiting room. I copied it down then with the intention of making it soon. Who knows how many years ago that was? It really is so easy to make and so yummy that I am kicking myself for not making it sooner. This is a great go-to recipe for a quick and tasty treat or dessert. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour (to make the slice gf suitable use equal measure of a blended gluten-free self-raising flour)
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 (395 g) can condensed milk
- 1 (170 g) can passion fruit pulp, in syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C if using a fan-forced oven. Line a 22cm square pan or a slice tin.
- Combine all ingredients for the slice base and press into the prepared pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. The base is still soft while hot, but will harden as it cools. The base will be light in colour.
- Using a bowl, combine the can of condensed milk and the passionfruit pulp.
- Spread the passionfruit mixture over the slice base and return to the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the topping is just firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 15 minutes and then chill until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.