Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I developed this recipe after eating a Claim Jumper TV dinner and LOVING their version. This is a versatile side that will go with just about any entree. Good on its own or with your favorite gravy.
Top Review by Junebug
The directions were easy to follow and the assembly was simple. This was a very tasty and delicious side dish. I did add about 1/4 c sour cream and some salt, but this was not necessary, just a personal preference. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us CookbookCarrie.
- 5 -6 medium red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- chopped parsley or chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and putin lightly salted water with the smashed garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until knife slides into and out of the potatoes easily, drain.
- Return to the pan and put over low heat until they"dry out," meaning there is not moisture left in the pan or dripping off the potatoes.
- Add the butter and milk and smash lightly with your potato musher, or use your electric mixer sparingly, the object is to have smashed, not mashed potatoes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and the herbs, serve warm.