Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe comes from my Weight Watchers Magazine, November/December 2008. Just in time for the Holidays! Two other recipes that go along with this one are Bread Stuffing - Ww Points = 2 and Stuffed Roast Turkey - Ww Points = 3, each posted separately. FOOD NOTE: Want to skip the Madeira in the gravy while retaining the great flavor? Not a problem. Just substitute 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or reduced-sodium chicken broth in step 2 (the POINTS value will remain the same).
- pan dripping (from the Stuffed Roast Turkey recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- Scrape the pan drippings into a glass measure. Let stand 5 minutes; then skim off and discard the fat.
- Combine the remaining pan drippings and the Madeira in the roasting pan; bring to a foil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by one half, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth and flour, beating with a whisk until blended. Stir the broth mixture into the roasting pan, whisking constanly, and cook until the gravy thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the jelly, beating with the whisk until blended, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a saucepan or gravy boat and keep warm.