Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
we used to have this at church functions - easy to prepare for a crowd
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded or 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, mix
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) can mandarin oranges (optional) or 1 -2 tomatoes, instead
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 -2 cooked chicken breast, charbroiled (leftovers work great)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ramen seasoning (dry pouch from 3 oz ramen noodles)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- toss greens and cilantro together and just before serving add 1 pkg crumbled dry ramen noodles over the top and toss to distribute - garnish with oranges (or tomatoes) and almonds - add leftover chicken breast (dice or cube if using).
- stir together 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar, 2 TB water, 1 TB sesame oil, add dry seasoning packet from the ramen noodles and mix well - pour over salad when ready to serve.
- optional dressing:.
- combine vinegars, sugar, salt and pepper to taste in mixer bowl and mix at low speed until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- add oils and continue to mix until blended, refrigerate until ready to use,.