Recipe by Chef.Jules
This recipe is from Wilton and was on the back of some cookie cutters I recently purchased. I liked that it didn't require chilling. It's a rich, buttery cookie, very tasty.
Top Review by Dodayotahahkwane J.
Thank you, I dont do well with cookie cutting recipes, but this one was very easy. I read the reviews and I just kept my cooking stuff floured up and it worked easily on my cookies. Thank you again.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Do not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" wide and 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 - 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. It helps to line pans with parchment paper for easy cookie removal.