Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Wilton and was on the back of some cookie cutters I recently purchased. I liked that it didn't require chilling. It's a rich, buttery cookie, very tasty.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Do not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" wide and 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 - 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. It helps to line pans with parchment paper for easy cookie removal.
Thank you, I dont do well with cookie cutting recipes, but this one was very easy. I read the reviews and I just kept my cooking stuff floured up and it worked easily on my cookies. Thank you again.
Love this recipe. I tried a Martha Stewart recipe last night and it was a disaster. Cookies where harder than rocks. This was delightful and delicious. I'm looking forward to serving these cookies at our company Christmas party. The dough was the perfect consistency. Awesome! Thanks for making this available.
I created an account just to say these cookies are amazing!