Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from the back of a brown rice package. So easy and excellent as a side dish!!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups broth (I used chicken broth)
- 4 ounces chopped fresh mushrooms (1 1/4 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Great side dish!
I used long grain white rice, canned mushrooms and dried garlic, onions and parsley... turned out wonderfully! Thanks so much!! Will be making this again and again!
Do not use Minute Brown Rice. This is for regular brown rice.
Served this at a dinner party and everyone loved it! How pretty it looked on the table! I used beef broth because we were having steak and it just seemed the thing to do LOL Thanks for sharing!