Recipe by COOKGIRl
When we spotted this recipe in the February 2011 issue of Sunset we knew it had to be good. I prepared two versions: one with dark aged balsamic and the second with white balsamic. For a vegan version, skip the mayonnaise or use an egg-free mayonnaise. It was suggested to try the dressing on greens such as oak leaf, mizuna and/or arugula. My husband and I enjoyed it on all three and it was especially tasty on zippy arugula! I would skip the garlic depending on your main dish and/or other items on the menu.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Very nice! Meyer lemons were cheaper than regular lemons this week (not sure how that happened). This is a great recipe. I used a very nice, thick and sweet balsamic. I think I will try this recipe again with my white balsamic and add a touch more sugar to it. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 meyer lemon, zest of
- 29.58 ml meyer lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml fine sea salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml mayonnaise (I'm sure plain yogurt, milk or cream, creme fraiche, sour cream, etc. would do if you're in a bind)
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced