Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super simple main course salad, great on a hot summer day. I've been making this recipe for at least 25 years and my daughter still drools over it. Got it from a room-mate back in my single days. I've modified it over the years to reflect a lower fat lifestyle.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, broken into bite size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (12 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopeany brand taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown turkey with taco seasonings following package directions.
- Add kidney beans and cook until beans are heated.
- Remove from heat, and drain liquid, let cool to room temperature.
- Toss in large bowl with remaining ingredients, adding chips last.
- Mix dressing ingredients well.
- Serve with salad.