Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's very simple and very delicious meatloaf recipe. **Be careful- it's been reviewed as very salty!! It may not need the salt called for in the recipe. It is probably the Progresso breadcrumbs. I use kosher meat which does not need extra salt because it is already salted and also contributes to the flavor- I've tried and the flavor hasn't come out as good with other meat.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup progresso garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix well with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Spread into loaf pans- loosely, don't pack too tightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until top is brown (raise oven temp to 350 at this point for a crispier top).
For a 'plain' meatloaf it was good(and not salty!)...even my kids liked it.
I bet the salty reviewer used garlic SALT!! instead of the suggested powder, commen and understandable mistake. I'm getting ready to make this now, I'll let you know how it goes :)
I have made this 3 times now and my family loves it. I added a teaspoon of tomato paste and about a teaspoon of itallian seasoning. After I put it on the pan I pour more tomato paste over the whole meatloaf.