Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious soup that is a family favorite. Found it in the newspaper a few years ago. Usually use Progresso Italian bread crumbs. For color I grate one or two carrots into the pot when I pour in the broth. Servings are main-course servings.
- 2 (48 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb ground beef, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pour cans of broth into large soup pot.
- Cover and heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Meanwhile, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Form into 3/4" balls.
- Drop into simmering broth and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen tortellini and cook another 7 minutes.
- Add spinach and heat a few more minutes.
- If you'd like, top with grated Parmesan.
Okay PugGrannie, you have done it again with another delicious oh-so-easy soup recipe....My family really devoured this one...I made a vegetarian version too, using soybits and vegetable broth, and my husband gobbled it up!!!.......Yummy on a cold Colorado night...Thanks for posting..DurangoJan