Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never cared for cornbread til I fiddled around with Jiffy Mix to make a light, sweet, cake-like cornbread. Just watch your baking time, mine is ALWAYS done in 15-16 minutes only. Also makes good muffins, *use paper baking cups, tho.
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Blend/whisk ingredients except*cinnamon and sugar mix, til all is moistened and lightly blended, but batter is still lumpy.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray 9" deepdish pie pan or glass dish.
- I like to use a round of parchment paper then on the bottom and respray top of paper a little.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle top fairly heavily with cinnamon and sugar mixed together.
- Bake in pre-heated 400º oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Top will be a nice brown, very tender on the inside.
Made these muffins today! Great!!! Great texture and Sweetness...loved the topping! Only problem was, I didn't make enough! This recipe was so easy and quick, but tasted like I spent all day making it. This was moist and not a dry cornbread recipe. Thanks, it's a "keeper".
I got some jiffy mix in a swap so did one sweet & one savoury dish with it, this was my sweet..I sprinkled with some vanilla sugar before baking and gave these to my daughter as treats in her lunchbox, lovely recipe, thanks for posting!
This is a great way to dress up cornbread. The addition of maple, cinnamon, and vanilla is delicious! Thanks for posting. Made for Herb/Spice of the Month.