1 hr 5 mins
Sorry-just not a purist about making my own sauce--this recipe is for those of us who want good flavor without all the fuss.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil manicotti for 9 minutes, then run cold water in pan to stop the cooking process. I usually lay out the drained, cooked shells on wax paper.
- 2While pasta cooks, mix together in large bowl ricotta, only 5 cups of shredded cheese (reserve 1 C.), eggs, basil, and salt to taste.
- 3Cover bottom of 13 x 9 pan with some of the spaghetti sauce.
- 4Stuff shells with cheese mixture (I usually use a teaspoon--takes a little practice). Place in pan.
- 5Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells, being sure all surfaces are covered with sauce. Cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6Remove foil and cover with reserved 1 cup cheese, then bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes more until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 1131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend