Recipe by LexingtonMom
Sorry-just not a purist about making my own sauce--this recipe is for those of us who want good flavor without all the fuss.
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 2 (15 ounce) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 6 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 (25 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, Marinara flavor
- 2 -4 teaspoons basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (25 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, Marinara flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil manicotti for 9 minutes, then run cold water in pan to stop the cooking process. I usually lay out the drained, cooked shells on wax paper.
- While pasta cooks, mix together in large bowl ricotta, only 5 cups of shredded cheese (reserve 1 C.), eggs, basil, and salt to taste.
- Cover bottom of 13 x 9 pan with some of the spaghetti sauce.
- Stuff shells with cheese mixture (I usually use a teaspoon--takes a little practice). Place in pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells, being sure all surfaces are covered with sauce. Cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and cover with reserved 1 cup cheese, then bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes more until lightly browned.