Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I really like to make single-serving meals. This is by far one of the easiest, laziest recipes I have ever made. But it's delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup lentils
- 1⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton golden onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- Soak lentils in water for at least two hours. You can soak them longer if you like them softer, but I prefer mine a little harder. Sometimes, I soak them while I'm away at work, and that's ok too.
- Drain lentils.
- Add together lentils, water, and Onion Soup Mix. Bring to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, throw in the lentils.
- Simmer with a lid on for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.