Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is easier to do the lasagna layers with the noodles uncooked. They cook in the oven.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 15 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat.
- Add sauce and water and let simmer.
- In separate bowl: mix cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In casserole dish layer in this order: sauce, pasta, sauce, cheese mix, pasta, sauce, cheese mix, pasta, and sauce.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 mozzarella on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
I love this lasagna recipe! Easy to follow, uses uncooked pasta, and tastes great. I use whole wheat pasta, and added lots of fresh garlic and chopped onion to the ground beef. When I have them, I've added green pepper and zucchini to the sauce, or spinach. Gotta get those veggies! Thanks for posting this good recipe.
Made this last night for supper and everyone liked it. The only thing I added was 2 cans of mushrooms and a bit more beef. I'm sure I didn't really have enough cheese mixture and sauce left to make another layer, but I stretched it and those came out a bit dry. That's my bad...not the recipe!
This lasagna was so easy and delicious! I love that you don't have to cook the noodles. I added some garlic powder to the meat while browning (along w/salt & pepper). I also added fresh basil to the sauce. I substituted ricotta for cottage cheese. I think I mixed up the order of the layering, but it still came out amazing! I served it with a salad and garlic bread. My family loved it!