Recipe by Sackville
There's nothing nicer than a hearty curry in the dead of winter. But for that matter, curry is great any time, any season, and this fits the bill perfectly.
- 600 g lamb fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 150 g plain yogurt
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground garam masala
- 1⁄2 cup meat stock
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the garlic, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Then add in the yoghurt, chilli and lamb.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor until ground to a paste.
- Take a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and stir until they turn golden.
- Add the spices.
- Lift the meat out of its marinade and add to the pan.
- Stir well until the meat is seared.
- Add the marinade and meat stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook until the lamb is done.
- Add the nut paste and coconut milk.
- Heat through and serve over rice, with a side dish such as naans or poppadums with chutney.