Recipe by Mia in Germany
This was the first salad my Korean friends served me, and it has been my favorite way to eat cucumber since! The cucumbers I use are about 16 inch long, which is perfect for 4 servings. If using smaller cucumbers, use about one small per serving. It should make about 1 lb for 4 servings Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by CJAY
Very nice recipe! I made it as the recipe stated using a korean red pepper in place of the chili powder. I loved the use of sesame oil in this. I omitted the sesame seed due to personal preference. This went very well with my Asian themed dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
- 1 lb cucumber
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice cucumber.
- In a bowl, mix sliced cucumber with soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and chili powder.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan until fragrant, let cool and sprinkle over cucumber salad.
- Chill salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- You might want to add some salt, so try for saltiness before serving because the soy sauce amount isn't very high. You can also add more chili powder if you want some more heat.