The Big Cheese's Note:
I've used this with both chicken breasts (makes enough for 8 boneless breasts) or pork tenderloins. It makes the meat so tender and juicy! Perfect for grilling, or you can also use it in the oven. Great in a slow cooker if you prefer, for an easy dinner without the grill. Be SURE to wear gloves when handling the hot peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 habanero peppers (substitute with 3 jalapenos if desired) or 2 scotch bonnet peppers, split opened and seeded, coarsely chopped (substitute with 3 jalapenos if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 14.79 ml ground allspice
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml crumbled thyme
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1In a food processor combine all of the ingredients except for the soy sauce and vegetable oil, and process to a coarse paste.
- 2With the machine on, add the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream until combined.
- 3Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag and add your meat.
- 4Marinate overnight and let your meat come to room temperature before grilling.
- 5If using the crock pot option, add sauce to meat when you place it in the cooker and cook on low heat setting.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Jerk Chicken or Pork Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1299.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder