Recipe by AZRoxy63
This is the best lasagna I have ever had. And since you don't actually make the sauce, it is very quick and easy to make. You can even make it the night before and then just heat it up when you're ready. It's the BEST!
Top Review by Lainey6605
This is very good lasagna. I've made lasagna with ground beef and sausage but not with ground pork, which was a pleasant addition. I used classico pasta sauce, but one without the mushrooms and olives. I will make this one again! Thanks AZRoxy63!
- 2 lbs lasagna noodles
- 3 (26 ounce) jarsclassico pasta sauce with mushrooms and olives
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb Italian sausage (in casing)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, pork and onion in skillet and cook until brown, drain fat.
- Combine browned meat, garlic, sauce, and all seasonings and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook Italian Sausage and sliced into thin pieces.
- In a large bowl combine eggs ricotta cheese, parsley and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spray sides and bottom of 13 by 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce mix into the bottom of the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the meat sauce mixture making sure to evenly cover the entire pan.
- Next, layer 1/4 of the ricotta mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Then, add a layer of the thinly sliced Italian sausage spaced 1-2 inches apart.
- Finally sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella and parmesean on top of the sausage. Repeat this layering until all of the ingredients have been layered into the pan.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Make sure the foil is not touching the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- Allow lasagna to sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad and enjoy!